Thursday, January 20, 2011

Joyeux Noel: Part II

Glimpses at the opening of Christmas presents is always fun. Remember when you were a kid? Try and think back long, long, long ago. Christmas took forever to make its glorious entrance upon your life. I would wait months and months for it to reappear, and then it would be gone in the blink of an eye. What a dissapointment. Honestly, I built up the holiday too much in my brain. It didn't hold up to what I had imagined. It was sad.
Now that I am older [and oh so much wiser... no comments please] Christmas has regained its glory. I no longer build up ridiculous expectations like getting a pony, or having the perfect white Christmas, or finally having Paul McCartney serenade me for an entire day. Nope, I've wiped my mind clean of those things [i do daydream about Paul still. i can't help it]. And surprise of surprises, it makes Christmas SO much more pleasant.

Fun fact: When I was a kid our tree topper was a clown. How's that for creepy?
That present on top? Yeah, I wrapped that.

And one final picture, because these entries are not complete without food.
Above is the best thing you will ever eat in your life, and I am being completely serious. Tomato Pie baabaaaay!

No comments:

Post a Comment