Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Falling off the Edge

Women have been taught that, for us, the earth is flat, and that if we venture out, we will fall off the edge. ~Author Unknown

In honor of my dear friend J.R., I have decided to start this musing with a feminism quote. She is quite possibly the most stubborn person I have met [aside from maybe my dad, but i don't ever try to push his buttons] in my college career. Sometimes I try to fight her on stuff, but it just doesn't end up well. That is absolutely one of the reasons I adore her.
 Look how cute she was when I stayed in her apartment this past weekend! She made me up a couch cushion bed [which was incredibly comfortable, like i was sleeping on angel wings] complete with a chocolate on the pillow and flowers by my bedside. It was just like being in an incredibly fancy hotel. Except there was no bell boy. Sigh.

Because I have been on a cooking/baking kick recently, I baked chocolate chocolate chocolate chip cookies. Essentially I took a chocolate chip recipe and doctored it to my own tastes. Which means that I want everything cocoa flavored added to them! So I bough mini m'ms, mini chocolate chips, and cocoa powder. Then I mixed it all up with my super buff arms [so buff that I can barely open some doors due to their overpowing strength] and popped them in oven.

Tadaaa! Muy delicioso.

I also bought my dear friend roses because she hasn't recieved any since she graduated highschool! How atrocious! I personally love flowers. They make any day brighter for me. So I thought, why not? She is about to graduate college, she deserves some roses to adorn her apartment. She arranged them ever so tastefully in a beautiful vase that was purchased from the Salvation Army down the street.

It was most excellent to see her beautiful face. I miss it.



No comments:

Post a Comment